Why Choose Mauritius?
Mauritius has a set of modern legislation and adopts international best practice in corporate governance. It has gained international recognition as a well-regulated financial centre. Such effort has been recognized by The World Bank and rated first in Africa for its ease of doing business, economic freedom and good governance.
- Strong and friendly relations with Europe, India, China and Africa.
- Investment Promotion and Protection Agreements (IPPA) with a number of countries, offers free repatriation of capital and returns, guarantee against expropriation, most favoured nation rule with respect of treatment of investors, and compensation for losses in case of war or riot.
- Preferential access to regional markets, including the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA), the Southern African Development Community (SADC), the Interim Economic Partnership Agreement (IEPA) with EU, the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) with US.
- Confidentiality and high level of privacy.
- Low tax jurisdiction.
- No capital gains tax, no inheritance tax
- Qualified professionals in law, accountancy, tax and finance, trained locally and internationally.
- International banks, funds, law and accountancy firms have set up shop in Mauritius.
- Multicultural society lives in harmony and creates business friendly environment for International Investors.
- No exchange controls.